Cengage EMEA is seeking a Digital Solutions Consultant based in either the Johannesburg or Pretoria area of South Africa to provide support to faculty and student customers as well as Cengage colleagues for the Higher Education business department.
The ideal candidate will have experience in digital training, support or solutions-based roles. Be able to communicate effectively within written and spoken English.
Applications close date: Friday 29th September 2023
“If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the close date your application has been unsuccessful”.
Job Title: Digital Solutions Consultant – South Africa
Business Unit: Cengage Academic
Department: Digital Solutions
Reporting to: Digital Solutions Manager
Line Reports: None
Based: Home based in Johannesburg or Pretoria area, South Africa
Date last reviewed: September 2023
To provide service and support to faculty and student customers as well as colleagues in implementing Cengage digital solutions in the South African region. The post will require the holder to work closely with the Digital Solutions Manager, EMEA Digital Solutions Consultants and the Sales Manager for the South African region in ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction in the implementation and support of digital solutions and to drive continued growth in digital solutions in the South African region.
- Drive activations and usage of HE (Higher Education) digital solutions across South Africa by providing pre- and post-sales training and support for faculty and students through a mix of in-person and remote activities.
- Deliver timely and appropriate student support to meet defined service level agreements.
- To support the South Africa sales team in driving digital solutions sales by leveraging and integrating technologies in all stages of the adoption process by training and and working with the local sales team to improve and develop their sales skills and knowledge of Cengage digital solutions.
- To liaise with the South Africa sales team to target key technology adoptions and assist in closing the business through developing, implementing, and maintaining a high level of training and service for customers.
- To achieve yearly targets of course activations and sales on the suite of defined Cengage core digital solutions.
- To devise and implement customer care plans for a range of South Africa customers as specified, working across core digital solutions product lines, and employing a mix of tools, including personal visits, telephone calls, video conferencing, video tutorials, product guides etc.
- To cultivate and maintain extensive product knowledge of the available digital solutions and ability to differentiate from competitor offerings.
- Make presentations at workshops and events to promote and extend Cengage’s digital solutions brand.
- Deliver instructor training via video conferencing tools, face to face, digital and print resources.
- In conjunction with instructors, develop student training resources for their chosen digital solutions.
- Provide regular updates on business activity through reporting tools and existing processes.
- Provide analysis of activities, usages, and feedback to help develop more effective plans and processes going forward.
- This is a highly collaborative role, where, as well as colleagues in the Digital Solutions Team you will be required to work with colleagues across the business in region, and across EMEA and the US including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Technical Support, Editorial, Technical Product Managers.
- You will work with stakeholders across institutions and their partners including Instructors, Teaching Assistants, Instructional Designers, LMS Administrators and IT Administrators.
- To manage a given travel and entertainment (T&E) budget efficiently and effectively to provide in person or remote support to the appropriate level customers across the region and to achieve targets.
The post holder will be required to travel extensively within the South African and across the wider EMEA territory as required so flexibility to travel is essential. Travel may also take place over weekends. The post holder must possess a valid passport for travel.
Essential Role Requirements:
- Experience in training, support or solutions-based roles.
- Proficient in the use of software such as Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce or similar CRM,
- Learning Management Systems, data visualisation tools and video capture tool as well as the ability to pick up new and diverse software quickly.
- The capacity to absorb product information, and to maintain and develop extensive product knowledge.
- Demonstrated a record of accomplishment of success in customer service skills that include a highly developed sense of integrity and a commitment to the customer
- Problem Solving and Resolution
- The ability for the digital solutions consultants to find out the core customer issue and build out a plan or resolution aligned with a customer.
- Expectations set correctly drive customer success. Expectations set poorly create a poor brand and customer experience.
Listening & Seeking to Understand
- Successful digital solutions consultants know that listening to your customers is key to establishing strong relationships. Without strong listening skills, you won’t gain the respect and trust of your most important business relationships.
- Customers are counting on their DSC to help them and be a support system through the onboarding process. No matter how bad it gets, DSCs should never be the ones exploding – even if you want to. Keeping a level head is crucial and cannot be understated.
- Having a good handle on how this process works, how to keep data secure, and how to coach your customers through different workflows are all skills a DSC should have.
- DSCs should be considered a subject matter expert on the platform, hardware, or solution they’re working with.
- DSCs should have the ability to understand where customers are approaching problems from, how they are feeling about specific milestones, and what they are thinking about certain functionality.
- Being a Digital Solutions Consultant is not easy. It requires grit and tenacity to never give up and to find every way to make your customers successful.
- Educated to graduate level or a substantial period of relevant work experience.
- The post holder will be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Hold a current valid drivers’ licence
Desirable Role Requirements:
The ability to communicate in other languages across the South African region would be beneficial but not essential.
Digital Solutions Consultant – South Africa
About Cengage Group Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.