About the job
Remote – Africa
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
*Please note that the individual who fills this role will work with Anthology through a third-party employer relationship, not as a direct employee of Anthology*
Anthology’s International Sales team is responsible for new client acquisition in international territories. They meet and often exceed the sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Anthology suite of products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the products to customer business objectives while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition to the customer.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for sales generation, retention, and growth within the African region. You will report to the Regional Vice President for Africa and be responsible for meeting corporate sales, revenue, operational, and strategic goals, and spending most of your time working with customers and partners.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
- Driving high-impact business solutions that engage the customer, drive product revenue, and leverage the Anthology ecosystem through consultative/solutions selling in defined markets set with the RVP for Africa
- Meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the defined strategic markets
- Building and deepening customer relationships at the C-level
- Developing and executing strategic, effective, and actionable region territory plans
- Working with the RVP for the region to identify strategies and tactics as well as develop a strategic business plan to successfully achieve the targeted sales for the African market
- Achieving stated goals and quotas by following account activity, close rates, time-to-close data, and strong pipeline management
- Achieving stated goals and quotas for renewal business
- Successfully managing internal resources needed for success
- Communicating with the Anthology International teams; specific needs in this area are training, gaining the best value for service offerings with each sale, and utilizing support staff appropriately ( e.g., Solutions Engineers, RFP support, marketing specialist)
- Identifying and providing leadership to strategic sales opportunities with prospective customers and involving all appropriate company personnel
- Partnering with recruitment and development
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing partner performance
- Identifying and sharing in process improvement; communicating better means to achieve sales goals, promote efficiencies, and enhance the work environment
- Actively participating in all required sales management meetings
- Submitting weekly reports to management that reflect closed business, forecasted business, pipeline development, and other management issues or concerns
- This role requires 50% travel
- Required skills/qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales experience in complex IT solution selling within the African market
- Ability to establish a clear and understandable vision for the assigned region
- Proven track record of providing leadership to a large enterprise solutions sales force in the region with a history of delivering exceptional results
- At least 5 years of professional sales experience
- Multi-cultural experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working in and a good understanding of the education market and the Higher Ed sector in particular
- Excellent management, partner management, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Strong listening and communication skills and a style appropriate for the education market
- In-depth knowledge of the solution-selling methodology
- Fluency in French or additional language
- Advanced degree
- Experience within the higher education, K12, or corporate training sectors
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Providing dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.