Role: Sr. Sales Engineer for customer Vodafone/Vodacom in sub-Saharan African countries
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Overview: as an experienced Sales Engineer, you will know that you are a crucial part of any technical sales deal. If you are looking for the next step on your career ladder, Juniper Networks can offer you a great opportunity to develop your skills.
Working as one of our Sales Engineers, your technical experience will support the assigned sales objectives, and more specifically, you will serve as a fundamental technical resource in our account team for the affiliates of our customer Vodafone/Vodacom in sub-Saharan Africa. In return, we can offer a range of benefits and superb career progression.
The candidate will own pre-sales responsibilities and will be instrumental in identifying, and developing opportunities with our customers.
Responsibilities: Beyond the classical networking and network products know-how, the topics of evolved of fixed broadband access, telco clouds, security for network infrastructure, end-to-end network automation, network disaggregation, and virtualization are becoming key criteria in many customer RFx, bids and discussions. Therefore, the ideal candidate for this position must be able to lead the discussion also in these areas with presentations, deep-dive workshops including demos, drive customer POC labs.
Equally important is the ability to develop and nurture personal relationships with key customer technical decision-makers through an in-depth understanding of customer’s needs, organisational structure and decision process, and a committed approach to offer them unparalleled value and deliver solutions to their business challenges.
If you have:
- At least 6 years of experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales engineer
- Solid knowledge of advanced routing and switching technologies and solutions: MPLS L3VPN, Segment Routing, Transport SDN (Path Computation Element), CG-NAT, EVPNs, Telemetry etc.
- Solid knowledge in Security for SP infrastructure: SEG, Gi and GRX Firewalls, DDoS mitigation.
- Good knowledge of large campus and Data Center network architectures design/sales.
- Possess broad overall industry experience and technical knowledge on: 5G ORAN and Packet
- Core architecture, SD-WAN, Network Automation.
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes, Automation tools like Ansible, Terraform and SDN/NFV solutions/architectures is a plus
- Good knowledge of both Juniper’s product line, solutions and the competitive landscape
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent
- Ability to work with account managers and customers within the context of a competitive sales environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including ability to present in front of large audiences
- Fluency in the English language, spoken and written, is a must.
- Experience with Tier-1 Service Providers as customers is a plus.
- Ability to travel, including the Americas and Europe.
JNCIA, JNCIS-SEC/SP, JNCIP-SEC/SP, JNCIE-SEC/SP, CISSP, or CCIE certificates are a plus.
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sr. Sales Engineer
Juniper Networks is leading the revolution in networking, making it one of the most exciting technology companies in Silicon Valley today. Since being founded by Pradeep Sindhu, Dennis Ferguson, and Bjorn Liencres nearly 20 years ago, Juniper’s sole mission has been to create innovative products and solutions that meet the growing demands of the connected world. Juniper Networks [NYSE: JNPR] is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with over 9,000 employees in 50 countries and nearly $5 billion in revenue. Our customers include the top 100 global service providers and 30,000 enterprises, including the Global Fortune 100 as well as hundreds of federal, state and local government agencies and higher educational organizations. At Juniper Networks, we believe the network is the single greatest vehicle for knowledge, understanding, and human advancement that the world has ever known. Now more than ever, the world needs network innovation to connect ideas and unleash our full potential. Juniper is taking a new approach to the network — one that is intelligent, agile, secure and open to any vendor and any network environment.