Chemonics seeks an Administrative Assistant for the Power Africa Empower Southern Africa (ESA) Program funded by USAID. ESA is a 5-year regional program that covers South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Madagascar, Comoros and Sao Tome and Principe. The primary purpose of ESA is to increase the availability of, access to, and use of affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in Southern Africa in order to reach measurable development outcomes. Measurable development outcomes include economic growth, reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, and increasing inclusive access to electricity-enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation, and food security. This position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people and communities around the world.
- Assists with the organization of meetings and events on and off-site as directed, which may include the setting up of rooms, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment is in place and functioning, taking minutes where necessary, and the preparation of papers for distribution
- Answer phone calls, messages, or emails, and prepare and mail packages periodically
- Assist in photocopy needs, document filing, and scanning of documents
- File and retrieve project documents, records, and reports
- Provision of support for maintenance of premises and common services
- Collects and sorts incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Prepare project information materials and maintain an adequate source of such materials ready for distribution to interested parties
- Ensures all required records are kept up to date and in line with ESA requirements
- Receive visitors to the office with a high standard of courtesy and hospitality and direct them appropriately
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations and Security Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in project administration
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in MS Excel and Word
- Strong organizational, work prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, the general public, and partner institutions, including international and local NGOs, and governmental entities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message of the project
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team
- Possess excellent organizational and strong multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with command of another regional language a plus
Please submit an application to [email protected] with the subject line “Admin Assistant – ESA Application” by January 15 th, 2024. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact the finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors
For us, development is more than a passion or a calling. It’s a profession. Doing it well takes experience, ingenuity, and a stubborn insistence that tomorrow’s work must be better than today’s. In nearly 70 countries around the globe, our network of 4,000 specialists delivers results. Because with decades of experience operating in the most complex social and political environments in the world, we know how to quickly mobilize resources, seamlessly adapt to change and strategically apply lessons learned across thousands of projects. We are an international development company that combines broad regional experience with technical depth and unparalleled management skill. Our portfolio covers agriculture and food security, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth and trade, education and youth, environment and natural resources, gender equality and social inclusion, health, supply chain solutions, and water, energy, and sustainable cities. Our management systems allow us to document, measure and apply both recent innovations and proven best practices across multiple regions and sectors. We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development because where Chemonics works, development works.