ApotheCom, an Inizio Company
ApotheCom, an Inizio Company
You are responsible for (a) researching and developing technical, medical material, (b) ensuring that all outputs adhere to the written brief, are accurate in content and editorial style, and can be referenced, (c) liaising with clients and medical experts on content development, (d) attending scientific and client meetings where output is required.
An advanced degree in a biomedical subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent and versatile scientific writing and editing ability
- Experience in writing scientific publications and conference presentations
- Ability to generate materials to a high standard and quality, with minimal internal review/assistance
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness
- Good time management skills
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Excellent quality control skills and meticulous eye for detail – style/consistency, grammar, scientific accuracy, proofreading, layout, etc.
- Ability to ensure all writing meets the client’s strategic marketing objectives, as well as being of high scientific quality/credibility
- Understanding of pharmaceutical and health-related issues
- Strong sense of responsibility and urgency; ability to take ownership of projects
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Solid understanding of human pathophysiology and disease; ability to learn new and diverse subject areas quickly
- Ability to work within a team and form productive working relationships within and external to, Huntsworth Health
- Strong client-centric attitude – ability to work with clients on projects, ensuring they meet strategic marketing and medical needs
- Flexibility and ability to manage simultaneous priorities, changing deadlines, and limited resources.
- IT skills – Word, PowerPoint, internet searching
We encourage all candidates who meet the minimum criteria of this role to apply for this role. We confirm that we are a designated employer, and as such where reasonable, possible, and/or appropriate, we will prioritize the goals set out in our employment equity plan. The company will provide all the necessary equipment to perform the role (including a laptop, headset, keyboard, mouse, and stipend towards the data package.
Don’t meet every job requirement? That’s okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.
Associate Medical Writer
Inizio Medical is growing! We are growing our team of medical writers based in South Africa. Our South African team works alongside our global teams in ApotheCom, Nucleus Global and Ashfield Medical Communications across the US, UK and EU, which will give you the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, working at the forefront of drug development and commercialization. Combining complex scientific understanding with creativity, Inizio Medical develops impactful medical affairs strategies and compelling communications. Underpinned by world-class medical analytics capabilities and applied AI tools, Inizio Medical redefines the role of medical affairs in drug development and commercialization.